7 Great Toys to Take on Holiday with Your Family
Wondering what the best toys to take on holiday are? We’ve identified the top ten vacation toys, plus tips on how to survive the journey there and back with your sanity intact!
Going on holiday should be a great experience for everyone. After all, you’re going ‘on holiday!’ However, all too often our kids find that being away from home and their routines stressful, especially if there is a lot of travel involved. But we at your favourite online toy shop are here to save your holiday (and your sanity) by sharing with you the top toys to take on holiday. They’ll keep the kids entertained and happy so that the adults will be too!
Top 6 Toys to Take on Holiday (h2)
What makes a great toy? One which is attention-grabbing, can be used multiple times, is easy to store and fun to play with. These are also all important characteristics of toys to take on holiday too! We believe every toy is a great toy, but that some are best left at home, such as ones with tiny parts or those which require a large amount of space to play. Our pick of the best six toys to take away on your family holiday are:
- Card games – portable, can be played in multiple ways and easy to pack, card games make great holiday toys. They’re also handy to take in the car, on a boat or plane too.
- Sticker books – not exactly a toy, but well worth mentioning. Sticker books keep kids busy and entertained for hours.
- Play dough – believe it or not, but one study found that play dough was identified as one of the best toys to take on a flight!
- Aqua Doodle – another popular holiday toy, the Aqua Doodle lets your child draw away without mess to their heart’s content.
- Finger puppets – the same study on identifying toys to take on holiday found that finger puppets were very popular! Kids could either play with them alone or with others, often for long periods of time.
- Stacking cups – one just for infants and toddlers. Stacking cups can be used in multiple ways and are great at capturing and retaining a young child’s attention.
Next we’ll share some of our best tips on how to survive the journey to and from your holiday destination, with your sanity intact!
Top Tips for a Stress-Free Holiday Journey (h2)
Confined spaces and kids just don’t work. In a car, a bus or on a plane, being made to sit still for hours on end is super challenging. Here are some of our tips on how to make it a more bearable experience for everyone, including fellow passengers.
- Take a selection of new and favourite toys with you, then pass them out one at a time over several hours.
- Take activities rather than static toys with you. These spark their imagination better.
- Try to keep to the same routine, even getting changed into pyjamas on a nighttime
- Swap toys between children, so they each get different things to play with.
Do you have any additional tips or great holiday toy ideas to share with us? Please let us know in the comments below!
- Action Figures & Toys
- Arts and Crafts
- Baby gear
- Baby Products
- Baby Toys
- Banbao Building Blocks
- Bath Toys
- Bed Warmers
- Boys Toys
- Brickadoo Building sets
- Building Blocks
- Building Toys
- Dress Ups / kids costumes
- Educational Toys
- Figurines and miniatures
- For Mum
- Gift Certificates
- Giftwrap and card
- Girly Things
- Latest Products
- Le Toy Van
- Lego - Alarm clocks - Led Lights
- Musical Toys
- Nightlights & Decor
- Novelty toys
- Outside toys
- Paulinda Modeling Products
- Pretend Play
- Remote Control Toys
- Sand and Water toys
- Soft Toys - Plush
- Sonny Angels
- Star Wars
- Sylvanian Families
- Trikes, bikes and ride ons
- Trucks, Cars, Farm and Planes
- Wooden Toys
- X Shop By Age
- X Shop By Price